Have been working everyday with "western style", I get used to the western politeness - "how are you" with every hello, and asking about how the weekend/holiday was going is a must.
Though sometimes I am still a little bit skeptical about whether the people who ask these questions are actually care about the answer, I am, at the same time, trying to give an appropriate reply in an eanest but precise way.
At today's lunch time, C was talking about his no-relaxing-at-all schedual during the 6 days Eid holiday, with almost everyday waking up early and going to bed late. I said I was quite relaxed, though, staying with the moon and stars, watching the mountain and enjoying reading. Given that I was still quite happy and satisfied even I wasted the two-day visit ticket by going only one day, I am much easier now, right?
Seriously, after been to not few places, I am now more relaxed with "said-to-be amazing sight scene", and very fine with some sacrifice. When the 23-year-old engineering consultant girl did climb the hill twice, only wanting to see the Treasuty from a commanding position, I though to myself, ok, another conquer-oriented kind of traveller.
Petra is beautiful. The second day, when I was sipping my mint black tea, half lying on the couch, I was wondering what is exactly the thing that moved me. After I climb a lot under the strong sundhine, and finally arrived at the Monastry, what made my heart tempted?
Could be architechture, since I always think I like the that. Archiology? But I seldom know what's link between archiology and the huge rock in front of me.
The second morning, when I sit for long reading my "best-seller kind of modern history", with the moutain so far awy but just in front of my eyes, I guess I somehow sense the answer.
Those buildings, though unconsiderably huge, are not interupting, deserted to be one natual part of their surroundings. They tell an alien way of life living. Different from that of modern society, the viteness, over-rational, and universal arrogent, the clearly, unfinely-cut lines of those tomb and temple are dictioning love and passion. They didn't know much about the world. They lived their life bold, direct, eanest, and most touching for me, humbly frank.
The third day, J and I lied in the middle of Wadi Rum, chatting in conpletely darkness, except stars, milky way, and meteorites that so much excited us now and then. I told him, the word of civilization in Chinese language combines of two characteristics, which respectivly means "wording" and "Lightening". I understand them as to orderly record things, and digging every unknown into somewhat discovery, which may not be so useful, but enough to satisfy the desire of conquering.
I just find the way of living touching me so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment