Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Why Children?

Ok. Why Children?

Have you ever had this kind of experience? You meet a problem that seems never to get a good solution. You feel desperate. You whisper it to a child, even a baby, needing to express the problem to someone. Somehow, the first idea coming out of their mouth is just the perfect answer, the simplest truth.

I always like simple things, and maybe that's why I want to write about children. My topic is "when we were small". "We" may refer to any of us; any of the people who are here from 27 countries, the local Turkish children, as well as the children outside our immediate environment ---the Masai children in Africa, my Kenyan students who live in the slums of Nairobi, and the ones who survived the recent earthquake in China. I will conduct interviews; try to "steal" some pictures or other materials about you when you were a baby. Are you ready to explore childhood with me? I don't know where this project will lead us; but we will find out together. LET'S GO!!

^_^

No comments: