I have to admit that I knew nearly nothing about Ephesus, and little with the Turkish history. The thing is if let this "stupid blank" be, Ephesus to me would be no difference with heaps of riprap. >"< So the 3 hour bus-time became my craming time. *_*
The word "Turk" actually first appeared in the Chinese annalistic history record in 1300 B.C. , and "Turkic" refers to exactly the same minority group, who we call "Tujue" in chinese. In my high school history book, what I remember most is about their marriage system. Although they were also a fatherhood society, they stuck to monogamy, and even if the wife was unable to give birth, the husband took it as destany. ( Ok, think about the ancient Chinese emperor who had 3000 concubines!!!)
People, including me are used to Turkey-and-Islam. That seems not to be the whole story however. Turkic started with Shamanism, one pantheism believing in totem and magic. Later Buddhism was introduced to some of the tribes, such as UIGHURS. Islam, well, can only be found after 10th century.
Am I too sentimental to air history with tragic greatness, thinking about how old those stones are, but where are the people.. For me today at Ephasus, "Veni, Vici, Vidi." is more like "People come. People go. Nothing happen."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment